Sunlight can bring down blood cholesterol levels dramatically and the human body actually needs Ultra Violet radiation to break down Cholesterol. It seems cholesterol levels go up in winter, just as Vitamin D levels fall and this is related to the amount of sunlight available.
- Kannappar book reference:
Take equal quantities of Fenugreek, Cummin, Turmeric, Black Pepper and Black Tulsi. Powder. Prepare decoction, strain and drink. Otherwise, mix it with rice and salt and eat. It melts the excessive Cholesterol and maintains the normal level.
- Dry Uttaranee leaves and powder. Take 2 g. of it with milk twice a day.
IT ALSO ENHANCES THE ABILITY OF THE HEART TO WORK BETTER.
- Soak Methi seeds in water at night. Take them with water twice a day. The serum cholesterol level will be reduced.
- Ash Pumpkin juice reduces cholesterol and dilates blood vessels.
- Mix Red Chilly seeds, drops of Lemon juice and Tomato juice. Consume regularly twice a day.
- Take Lemon juice with Honey to clear the blocks. It also purifies the blood.
- Laugh whole heartedly. This reduces the tension of the nerves and cholesterol.
- Boil Coriander seeds and strain it after cooling and drink it daily. It is a good diuretic and stimulates Kidneys and lowers blood cholesterol.
- Take Amla juice daily. The Vit.C in it flushes Cholesterol out of the arteries and body organs.
- Cook Brinjal as curry and take regularly in the meal. The seeds contain substances which bind up cholesterol and take it out of the intestine. Thus absorption of cholesterol does not occur in the blood.
- Consume either fresh or fried Maize (Corn) grains regularly. It helps to clean the arteries and valves around the heart and cholesterol levels will go down.
- Cook Turnips and eat once a week.
- Take a Pomegranate daily. Alternately its juice can be taken. For prevention, it is advised to eat a Pomegranate for 30 days every year. Banana flower curry reduces cholesterol.
- Grapefruit pith and membranes lower Cholesterol in the blood.
- Remove stalks and yellow portions of red Hibiscus flowers (five petalled) and shade dry. (Take 300 gms.). Take a wide mouthed glass bowl, pour some honey, add some petals and stir. Add 15gms. Cardamom powder. Stir. Close. Keep in sun for 12 days. Take 1 tbsp. Followed by Cow milk twice a day.
- Use Garlic.
- Beans is also good to reduce Cholesterol.
- Pumpkin seeds have Omega 3 to relieve the blocks in blood vessels.
- Peanut oil lowers blood cholesterol. The membrane contains even more effective ingredients.
- Horsegram soup.
- Papaya keeps the arteries supple and reduces the cholesterol level in the blood.
- Mix Garike Hullu (Arugam Pul in Tamil) juice with cow milk and drink on empty stomach for three days.
- Walnut helps in fighting the heart diseases. Walnut also normalizes cholesterol ratio and boosts immunity against cancer.
- Listening to good classical music expands the blood vessels and purifies them. Music sounds produce Nitric Oxide in brain nerves and it prevents blood clots and fat deposits. This has been tested in America.
- Malabar Tamarind (Brindall Berry), a yellowish fruit is used in curries to help reduce total Cholesterol and Triglyceride levels.
- The fatty acids in coconut reduce weight and melt cholesterol, it is found out.
- Onion reduces Cholesterol level.
Sit in Padmasana, Sukhasana or Vajrasana. Fold the ring fingers of both the hands such that the tips lie on the sun mounds at the base of the thumbs. Now fold the thumbs over the front parts of the ring fingers. Ensure that the thumbs maintain that little pressure on the ring fingers so that their tips do not lose contact with the sun mound. Keep the other fingers reasonably straight but not rigid. Straighten the arms and rest them on the knees and hold the Mudra. Try not to move your fingers or arms while performing the Mudra. This should be practiced on empty stomach for at least one 30 minutes. sitting a day, preferably in the morning. Extra sittings will only add to the benefits.
This Mudra helps reduce cholesterol.