How to make Lemon Rice (Karnataka style)
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 20 mins
- 2 table spoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch hing
- 1/2 teaspoon chana dal
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 teaspoon peanuts
- 1 strand of curry leaves
- 3 – 4 green chilly
- 1 tablespoon grated cocunuts
- salt as pe taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 table spoon of coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon of lemon syrup
Method of cooking:
- Cook the rice. Let the rice cool down a little.
- Take a pan and put oil in to it. Once the oil is heat, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and asafoetida to it.
- Once the seeds start to splutter, add chana dal, urad dal. Fry it until it turns light brown.
- Add peanuts and fry it the same way.
- Add curry leaves, green chilly and fry them.
- Add grated coconut, salt, sugar and mix it well.
- Add cooked rice, coriander leaves and lemon syrup to it. Mix it well. Tasty lemon rice is ready to serve.