Natural Remedies for Constipation in Babies
- Give boiled and cooled water to drink. If the stomach is bloated due to gas, make a paste of Dry Ginger and Asafoetida and apply on the stomach.
- Smear Castor oil on a Betel leaf and warm it holding it on a burning lamp. Apply this warm leaf on the abdomen of a baby suffering from stomach distention and pain.
- If you give fruits and water in plenty, it can be avoided.
- From the fifth month onwards, feed Apple or Orange juice 2 teaspoons with equal quantity of warm water during day time.
- A weak solution of Fennel tea may be given to an uncomfortable baby, with or without milk, to help bring up wind and to soothe the baby. A teaspoon of Fennel seeds should be boiled in a cup of water and allowed to soak in the water for about 20 minutes. It should be strained and cooled. Give this to the bay in the feeding bottle to cure colic. Not more than a teaspoon or two should be given at a time.