- If the breast milk is not available, give milk from a single cow daily.
- From the seventh month onwards, boil ½ Carrot, a handful of Red Boiled Rice and half a Potato with 10 drops of Ghee and feed the baby.
- From 11th month onwards, the baby can be given solid food twice a day.
- Mix Saffron 2 strands in milk and feed the baby once a week to strengthen the eyes and lungs.
- Calcium – Nature abounds with it and in readily assimilable form with Phosphorus and Magnesium in the correct ratiosn – in all green leafy vegetables and nuts, especially Sesame (Til) seeds and Almonds. Even tiny babies can be given milk made from Sesame seeds, Coconut, Wheat, Almonds, Soya beans, if for some reason mother’s milk is not available.
- Mother’s milk is a complete FOOD but ir cannot be a substitute for water. So the babies should be given water to drink. When the baby needs water it cries for it in a particular way – from the throat – you hear a sort of double sound indicating a cracking of the voice due to dryness. The baby will only drink as much as it needs – no more.
- If it is a new born baby, boil water with a few grains of Saunf (Fennel seeds) and one or two whole pepper balls. Strain, cool and give to the baby in a baby bottle or a Silver spoon. Silver inhibits the survival and growth of all kinds of germs. Juices CANNOT replace water.
- Boil Brahmi leaves with milk and cool. Give it to new born babies for the first few days until mother’s milk is available or while it is not available in sufficient quantity.