AGAR TREE TO MAKE AGARBATHIS
This is used to prepare 500 aromatic items. A kilo of the tree piece is sold at Rs.30,000. It starts giving income 7 years after planting. Cattle do not eat them. They require less water. But they can be grown where Coconut and Arecanut trees are grown to give them shade.
GETTING MORE COCONUTS AND AVOIDING SICKNESS IN TREES
Foaming Toddy, Gingilly, Urad dal, Grape juice, Salt, Honey and Vayvidang should be mixed and applied on the base of Coconut trees at night. They will yield bunches of Coconuts and get rid of sickness. (REF. VRIKSHAAYURVEDA)
Urad soaked water, salted water, Barley flour or water mixed with Paddy husk should be poured to the trees to get bigger coconuts. (VRIKSHAAYURVEDA)
COCONUT AND PEPPER
The average life span of Pepper is 40 years and Coconut is 100 years. The entire life span of Pepper will be spent on Coconut trees. Pepper can easily climb up on Coconut tree. Pepper should be planted one foot away from Coconut tree. When manure is applied, it goes to both.
STRENTHENING COCONUT TREES
- Paddy chaf, Lantana and Bamboo powder are alternatives for Silica. They can be given to strengthen Coconut trees.
- Iron, Manganese and Magnesium are available in Brinjals, Sundekai, Kandankakkiri (Kandankathiri in Tamil) and Curry leaves. So, their fruits can be cut and added to Pancha Gavya or Cow urine and poured to the trees,
Copper is in Avaaram Poo (Aaviregida in Kannada) flower, vegetable, leaf and roots.
- Calcium is availablei n Dhuthi (Tamil) and Ragi.
- Gandhagam (Tamil) is available in Mustard and Gingilly.
- Iodine is available in ladies’ Finger vegetable.
- Phoron is available in Ekka, Dhathura and Golden Oleander.
- Dhuthanagam (Tamil) is available in Tamarind, Vaadha Narayanan (Tamil), Vanni and SenaiKizhangu (Tamil).
Don’t keep Compost near or in the Coconut Grove (generally palm family trees) as Rhinoceros Beetle is known to lay their eggs in the compost and multiply there and hence it will attack the plants and this may result in reduced coconut production or destruction of the plant itself.