Natural Medication to Increase Lactation:
- Powder Fennel (Saunf) seeds and mix with a glass of milk and take daily.
- Gingilly seeds help.
- The mothers should take Lemon twice daily in some form or the other.
- Being an effective Galactogogue, Sugarcane clears the ducts of the Mammary gland and promotes secretion of milk.
- Take half a teaspoon to one teaspoon of Lemon juice as per the age of the baby and add equal water and Honey. Feed the baby with this half an hour before breast feeding. It enhances the absorption of the contents in breastmilk and immunity in the babies.
- Take white Cumin seeds fried in ghee with sugar for some days after delivery in doses of 1 tsp. thrice daily with milk.
- Red Amaranth (Lal Sag) should be taken.
- Shatavari (5g.) should be stirred into a glass of milk and taken twice a day from the 7th month of pregnancy. It is the best remedy to get rid of Anemia.
- Take Pear daily in season.
- Boil Drumstick leaves. Add a little salt to taste and a little Ghee. There is nothing that can equal Drumstick leaves in increasing the milk flow in lactating mothers.
- A tsp. of Licorice powder should be taken with milk and sugar twice a day.
- Orange stimulates the milk producing action after childbirth.
- Use of black gram (Urad dal) will increase milk secretion.
- Anise contains the compounds Dianethole and Photoanethole, which are chemically similar to the female hormone Estrogen. Nursing mothers should drink one cup of Aniseed tea daily. Infusion of Marjoram helps in promoting the secretion and flow of milk in nursing mothers.
- Fenugreek seeds should be fried in ghee and finely powdered. It should be mixed with Wheat flour and sugar to prepare a Halwa. This preparation, taken in small quantity daily, helps in quick normalization after delivery. The seeds made into a gruel, are given as diet to nursing mothers for increasing the flow of milk.
Natural Medication to Increase Lactation