- Orange juice with water is good for Cataract. Grapes and all seasonal fruits should be taken in plenty. Sesame seeds, Vitamins B, C, D, E are particularly helpful.
- Six grams of Aniseed and Coriander seeds should be powdered in equal quantities and mixed with an equal quantity of unrefined sugar. It should be taken (12 grams) daily in the morning and evening.
- Researchers say that regular intake of extract of Ashwagandha (Rennet) or its root powder delays the cataract formation in old people by 45%.
- Clean 9 Gingilly flowers in the mornings and swallow them. Drink a glass of the water in which the previous days’s cooked rice has been soaked overnight. (Neeraharam in Tamil). Do this for a week. This also strengthens the eyesight.
- Mix Fennel seeds and sugar candy equally and powder. Take 2 tsp. with water at night before sleep. It improves the eyesight and checks the formation of cataract.
Nutmeg (Jaiphal) is rich in fats and volatile oils. A paste of this herb made with milk may be applied all around the eyes and over the eyelids. It will give a cooling effect.
POX AND EYESIGHT
Kannappar book reference: When a person is affected by pox, his eyes may be covered with boils. To protect his eyesight, grind Mehendi leaves and apply on the soles and tie.
One teaspoon of fresh Coriander leaf juice should be taken once daily, mixed with one or two seeds of banana, for 7 days regularly.
RELAXATION OF EYES
Seeing and imagining BLACK screen or color with your eyes closed is very good. Look at BLACK as often as possible. Black relaxes tense and tired eyes.