President of India
Shri Ram Nath Kovind
Father’s Name: Late Shri Maiku Lal
Mother’s Name: Late Smt. Kalavati
Date of Birth: October 01, 1945
Place of Birth: Kanpur Dehat, Uttar Pradesh
Marital Status: Married
Spouse’s Name: Smt. Savita Kovind
Children: Prashant Kumar and Swati
Educational Qualifications: B.Com, L.L.B.
Permanent Address: Kanpur Dehat, Uttar Pradesh
Present Address: Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi, 110004, Tel: 011-23015321
Profession: Advocate, Politician and Activist
- Member, Rajya Sabha, 1994-2006. (Elected from Uttar Pradesh)
- Permanent Advocate at Hon’ble Supreme Court of India for Central Govt. (1980-93).
- Member, Parliamentary Committees for SC/ST Welfare, Home Ministry, Petroleum & Natural Gas, Social Justice and Rights, Law & Justice, Chairman of Rajya Sabha Housing Committee.
- Member, Management Board for Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University, Lucknow.
- Member, Board of Governors, Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata.
- Represented India at United Nations (New York) and addressed the General Assembly during Oct, 2002.
- Governor of Bihar from 16-08-2015 to 21-06-2017
Countries Visited: Widely travelled