Labour Pains and Post Natal Care :
- When the pain starts, roast Jeera (Cummin seeds) in a pan, add a glass of water and boil it. Reduce it to 1/4th. It can be taken three times till the pain comes effectively.
- The use of Cinnamon has been found valuable in reducing labour pain during child-birth. A decoction of this spice should be taken in treating this condition.
- To relieve tension and pain: Clarysage oil (2o drops – 1 ml.), Rose (10 drops), Ylang Ylang oil (10 drops) should be mixed in a 50 ml. Vegetable oil. Massage lower back with this as often as possible.
- When the 9th month begins, the lady should be given 5g. of Turmeric powder to be gulped with hot milk every morning and evening. The child’s health is also improved.
- Neem leaf juice can be taken before delivery starts to produce normal contraction. It corrects bowel movements and checks onset of fevers, thereby facilitating the normal delivery.
POST NATAL CARE
- A spoonful of Amaranth juice with Honey daily for 15 days after delivery helps kids grow healthy and prevents retarded growth.
- Saffron helps in clearing the Placenta. It also prevents fever and cold after delivery.
- Kannappar book reference: Araikkeerai (Tamil) should be given with ghee and rice as the first food to the mother after delivery.
- Boil a little turmeric powder in 2 glasses of water and reduce to half a glass. Drink this to get rid of wastes from the body after delivery.
- Fenugreek seeds fried in ghee, should be finely powdered with Wheat flour and jaggary to prepare a sweet. Take in small quantity daily. This helps in quick normalization after delivery.
- Dry Coconut scrapings, Poppy seeds, dry Ginger pieces, Cucumber seeds and Pumpkin seeds should be made into sweet balls with Jaggary. The newly delivered woman should take 1 or 2 balls daily.
- Make a decoction of a handful of peeled white Onion, a tablespoonful of Cummin seeds and a handful of Brahmi leaves and take daily to restore normalcy.
Labour Pains and Post Natal Care