- Apply Aloe gel on eyelids.
- Against eye infection, to wipe the eyes, use a clean cloth which is dyed with turmeric. Six grams of Turmeric powder should be boiled in 500 ml of water till it is reduced to half. It should then be cooled. A few drops of this cold infusion can be used as eye drops in treating eye diseases.
- Keep the fresh flowers of Adulsa (Adathoda Vasica) on the eyelids for a few minutes.
- Mix breast milk with a little Castor oil and instill into the eyes.
STRENGTHENING THE EYES
- Emerald stone can be kept on the eyes for 10 minutes a day.
- Jala Neti should be practiced.
- Take Saffron with milk daily. It produces Beta – carotene which is Vitamin A.
- Drink Bitter gourd juice weekly twice on empty stomach.
- Turquoise, a greenish – blue jewel, has healing radiations to cure weak sight, allay inflammatory eye conditions when applied directly on the eyes and relieve headaches.
- Opal may be used to cure eye diseases.
- A paste of Nutmeg with milk should be applied all around the eyes and over the eyelids. It gives a cooling effect.
- Rub Mustard oil on the big toes of both feet before a bath regularly everyday. It will maintain eyesight throughout the life.
- Eat a few Almonds on empty stomach in the mornings for a few days.