- Licorice possesses anti ulcer activity. It is especially useful for the removal of pain caused by stomach ulcers.
- Pieces of the dry roots soaked overnight in water and the infusion taken with rice gruel greatly helps in treating ulcers.
- Extract juice of Radish and drink an ounce on empty stomach in the mornings for a few days.
- Coriander seeds and leaves should be taken in plenty.
- Cook Makoi (Maniththakkali in Tamil; Ganike soppu in Kannada) leaves and eat often.
- Dry Rose petals and make tea and drink.
- Mix Garike Hullu (Arugam Pul in Tamil) juice with cow milk and drink on empty stomach.
- Cook Agase soppu (Agatti in Tamil) with 4 parts of Onion as a soup and take once daily.
Ulcers: The banana is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and smoothness. It also neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.