Skip to content
Natural remedies for Bronchitis
- Juice of Orange (in warm water especially when attack is acute) is good. All fruits are good except Jack fruit and Banana.
- Basil leaves’ decoction, with honey and ginger, is an effective remedy for asthma, bronchitis, influenza, cough and cold.
- Clove oil, mixed with a little Turpentine, can be beneficially massaged over chest in Bronchitis, Pneumonia and whooping cough.
- Aniseed is a valuable mucus-clearing food.
- Put Asafoetida in fire. Breathe in its smoke to control Asthmatic attack. About 3 to 6 centigrams of this gum, should be taken with 2 teaspoons of honey, a quarter teaspoon of white Onion juice and 1 teaspoon of betel leaf juice, thrice daily.
- A mixture of Bishop’s weeds and buttermilk is an effective remedy for relieving difficult expectoration caused by dried up phlegm.
- Boil a teaspoon each of Ajwain seeds and Fenugreek seeds in a glass of water. About 30 ml of this decoction should be mixed with a tablespoonful of honey and taken thrice daily in treating asthma and bronchitis.
- Long Pepper should be applied locally as counter-irritant and analgesic and taken internally in three to five decigrams dosage, mixed with honey.
- Take a teaspoon of Turmeric powder with a glass of milk twice or thrice daily. It acts best when taken on an empty stomach. Inhaling the fumes of Turmeric powder with tea leaves, Blackgram and Bengal gram powder, reduces the spasms of asthma.
- JAL – NETI KRIYA and Kapal Bhati Pranayama should be practiced.