Natural Remedies for Malaria
- Nirgundi leaves (tender) with five Pepper seeds should be taken.
- Roast Alum and powder. Mix 1 g. powder and 1 g. sugar candy. Take the mixture 3 hours before food. Repeat for 5 days.
- Take 2 or 3 grams of Neem leaves or Neem bark powder mixed with hot water thrice a day as long as it is necessary.
- Take a handful of Tulsi leaves, 20 grams each of Cumin, dry Ginger and Pepper. Powder everything and boil with a liter of water. Reduce it to 100 ml. Drink this. ALL TYPES OF FEVER CAN BE CURED.
- A tea made from Fenugreek seeds is equal in value to Quinine for reducing fevers. It is particularly valuable as a cleansing and soothing drink. The Fenugreek seeds, when moistened with water are themselves slightly mucilaginous. A tea made from them has power to dissolve more sticky substance as body mucus.
- Neem is a powerful Febrifuge, effective in Malaria and other intermittent and periodic fevers (in which case it is usually used with black Pepper and Gentian).
- Make decoction of Nila Vembhu (Tamil) and drink 100 ml twice a day.
- Mix lemon juice and honey in equal quantities and drink an ounce of it.