ABILITY ON WHEELS is an effort to encourage the people with disabilities (PWDs) to take a big leap towards leading a normal life by being able to drive on their own.
Objectives of Ability On Wheels Charitable Trust
- An exclusive motor driving training school using modified / customized cars as per the disability (restricted to Locomotors Disability of bones, joints or muscles in upper or lower limbs)
- Education on rules, regulations & processes related to purchase of vehicles, modifications required, its registration and guidance on how to get the associated benefits in Road Tax, Insurance etc & over above all how to get a driving license.
- Getting their vehicles modified / customised by being the channel between PWD’s & RTO approved modification kit manufacturers.
- To generate employment by opening up driving as one of the professions that can be undertaken
- To support PWD’s in getting loans under various schemes of State / Central government
- To provide wheel chair accessible vehicles on rental basis for smooth commutings
- To organise various events showcasing achievements of PWD’s in close association with other NGO’s working for the betterment of PWD’s
- To promote their self esteem & the philosophy that “The only disability in life is a lack of good attitude”
- To encourage corporates to extend support to the initiative of Mobility Services for PWD’s as a part of their Corporate Social Responsibility efforts
- To suggest welfare schemes to the Government in the area of Mobility Services for the PWD’s
For more details please visit http://www.abilityonwheels.org/